Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Let's go to the arcade!


















On Saturday 15th of August 2015, we went to the arcade in Panmure to celebrate my birthday. I turned 11 years old.


Folau, Soane, Sione and Patrick are my siblings. Akesa my cousin and I had to wait for my eldest brother Taniela  and my auntie Ana to come back from Taniela's game in Howick. We waited and waited until they came back from the game so we could go arcade at the bowling ally. It was 12:59 when they came back home. We finally arcade.

Once we got there, we went to the machine where we went to go and change our money into tokens that we needed for the games. I changed my $5.00 into five tokens. My brothers, cousin and my auntie did the same. We saved 15 dollars and wasn't allowed to use it until our five tokens our used up. The first machine that I went to was called the basketball shooter. After my last three shots, my total of my shots into the hoop was 39. I received plenty of tickets from that game. The next game that I went to was called 'hit the target.' I had to roll the eight balls in the holes. There are different numbers on the targets and if I hit the target, I get to have more tickets. I played and played but I didn't hit the target. The next machine was the same as 'hit the target' but I had to try to aim it in 5,000 hole so I can get 100 tickets. I played it until I had one shot left. I shot it and it went in the 5,000 hole and the alarm went on and it said, 'WINNER!' I was scared because I thought that I was in trouble nut my auntie said that I wasn't and that I won 100 tickets. I had to wait until I had my 100 tickets to come out from the machine. The boys looked at how many tickets I had. The next machine that I went to was the first car racing game that I started with. I picked a green and yellow car. I played it. I came second in the race.

I saw my brothers shooting in the hoop and my cousin and my auntie played like professional basketball shooters. A while later, we have all used up our five tokens and we didn't wan't to use our 15 dollars. We went to the ticket counter to count all our tickets. My brother Folau had no tickets, Soane had none either, Sione my litter brother had 100 tickets, Akesa had 447 and I had 340 tickets.

After getting our prizes, we were walking out the door, when we saw this machine with plenty of tickets. We ran again to change our $5.00 into five tokens. We had to press the green botton so the hook can stop on the bonus which would give us plenty of tickets. We played it until we ran out of tokens and money.

 I really enjoyed playing at the arcade and trying to stop the hook on the 'bonus' word. Next time I will try my best to collect even more tickets to win a flying plane for my little brother.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate verbs to make my writing more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.