Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

Hey, where are my lollies?

Image result for lollies clipartOn Sunday my uncle had come from Dunedin to visit my family and I because he had been gone for a long time. He was in jail and now he's out.

My family and I cleaned up our house and my two auntie cleaned up the kitchen. The living room had to be spotless. A while later, we saw a blue, big van in front of our drive way and it was my uncle with my grandpa. I felt really excited about meeting him because I'm not sure he remembers me or not. He walked inside smiling and he went to my nana to say "Hello!" Then he came over and kissed my families and I on the cheek.

We chatted and chatted and my mum asked my uncle "Who do you work for?" My uncle said that he works with children and that he also gets paid. My mum asked my uncle again, "Do you have to pay for your food, clothes and shoes?" and he said that the people he works with pays for those essentials.

Then uncle came towards my mum with a bag. She opened that bag and it was...... lollies. My mum told my two aunty to come and take a hand full of lollies and my mum filled her picnic bag with the lollies and gave my uncle back his bag.

I was so happy to meet my uncle because I haven't seen my uncle since I was four or five years old.


We are learning to: understand and use descriptive language.
Success Criteria: I know this when I use appropriate verbs to make my writing interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.