Pages

Saturday 25 July 2015

Now, where's my food?

Cousin's Birthday!
On Saturday morning my brothers, cousin, auntie and I went outside to the back of my house to set up the decorations for my cousin's birthday party. We blew up pink, white and red balloons that had Happy Birthday written on it.

Later on, my cousin Akesa changed into her princess dress because it was her birthday. She was turning nine years old. She wore white princess gloves and a princess crown. When she walked out her room, I was like 'WOW! you look gorgeous.

A while later, my auntie and my other cousin arrived so I quickly grabbed a shower. Then after my   shower, I got changed into my black dress. Then I asked my aunty to plait my hair. After she did my hair, I went outside and I saw most of my family at the back of my house.

Then the birthday celebration began, my nana said a prayer, blessed the food and the birthday girl. When the prayer ended the kids were to go and fill their plates first. After I got my food, I went to sat down next to my cousins. 

After my cousins, my brothers, and I had changed out of our dresses and our suits, we changed into our regular pants and T-shirts so we could play Touch for about 20 minutes. Then my cousins, aunties, uncles and nana left our house to go back home. 

I felt happy because my cousins had come over to celebrate Akesa's birthday with us so that she had a lot of family to celebrate her special day with her.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in a recount.
I know this when I use appropriate verbs and adverbs to describe my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.